Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Garlic Mix for Shedding

Hello ladies, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to a very Happy New Year!!!

 

Garlic Powder
Since my last long stretch I've been having some issues with shedding and a little breakage.  At first I didn't really pay much attention to it, but my ends in the middle of my hair started looking thin to me. I decided to trim my hair a few months before I relaxed to even it up, so I went from MBL back to BSL.  However, I wasn't upset because health before length.  The shedding seemed to be excessive, so I started researching hair forums and Youtube for some help.  While researching and watching videos I ran across an oil mix used for shedding: garlic powder, olive oil, and Dabur amla oil.  I got a bottle and mixed a teaspoon of garlic powder with olive oil and amla oil (estimate the amount).  I let it sit for a day and then prepooed my hair covered with a plastic bag for an hour the next day.  I washed the garlic oil mix out and deep conditioned my hair for about an hour, then finished with moisturizing and sealing, then air drying.  I did not experience my hair smelling like garlic or being dry as some people have experienced.
 
I have to say that the shedding slowed down a lot and immediately.  My shedding was so bad that I could run my hand down my hair and it would have quite a few strands with the white bulb at the end in it.  It was way more than the normal amount, but after using this mix I'm only seeing maybe two to four strands now when I comb my hair or run my hands down it while moisturizing and sealing.  I am so relieved because I'm on a mission to thicken my hair and grow back to MBL.  So, if you are experiencing shedding, research some things to help stop it and perhaps give this mix a try.  Thanks for stopping by ladies and have a blessed evening!
 
Blessed Tresses 



9 comments:

  1. I may try this instead of black tea rinse for shedding if i need to. I didn't have a very positive experience with the tea:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Crowning Glory~I wanted to try the black tea rinse, but decided to try this first. I hope it works for you if you give it a try :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you found a remedy for your shedding! i am also aiming for a healthy MBL like you. How long do you stretch out your relaxers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JO EVA~Thank you. I usually stretch 6 months, but my last one was 9. I'm trying to keep it at two relaxers a year. Good luck on reaching your goal of healthy MBL too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to do a really Long Stretch myself but i am Kind of worried about the breakage that might come with that. Do you have any Tips that work Great for you during stretches?

      Delete
  5. Jo Eva~definitely make sure to keep your new growth moisturized so that it won't break at the line of demarcation. My stretches are easier when I use castor oil or coconut oil on my new growth along with moisturizing and sealing. Moisture is definitely the key though for me. I have learned to keep a close eye out for any changes to my hair at that time. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just begun my All About Healthy Hair journal on www.allabouthealthyhair.blogspot.com and I have been experimenting with some homemade hair remedies my self please do check out my new blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kitty little~thank you for stopping by. I will definitely stop by your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so sorry but wat does MBL stand for??and the related terms?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Have a blessed day!